Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Kenya intensify training as Zimbabwe arrive for soccer match

NAIROBI, June 12 (Xinhua) -- Zimbabwe's national soccer team arrived in Nairobi on Wednesday night ahead of the World Cup/Africa Nations Cup qualifier against hosts, Harambee Stars on Saturday.

The visitors jetted in as their opponents, Harambee Stars intensified training hoping to turn the tables again on Saturday.

The team captain Robert Mambo and French-based striker Dennis Oliech Oliech resumed training with the team on Wednesday.

Stars head coach Francis Kimanzi said he will stick with the team that beat Guinea's Syli Stars 2-0 when they host Zimbabwe.

Speaking after training late Wednesday, Kimanzi said he was satisfied with the team's performance.

"This is a winning team and you all saw how they played on Saturday against Guinea, why should I make changes now? I can't say we were 100 percent perfect during the Guinea match, but I believe all departments were impressive," said Kimanzi.

"I don't rate my team's performance according to departments, all I can say is that we played well, but allowed our opponents to penetrate on two occasions which should not have happened. Our performance against Guinea was better than against Namibia a week before and I believe we are getting better everyday. Zimbabwe willbe in problems on Saturday," he said.

No comments: